Monday, May 25, 2009

Bulgaria - Overview - 14/05 - 20/05

Overview: Bulgaria
Since I didn't include photos in previous posts here are some from Varna


Ruth favourite things:
The break dancers and beat boxing @ The Stanton Warriors gig. Varna - the whole experience from the Flag Hostel to bungy jumping. The communist era markets in Sofia.

Steve favourite things:
Varna, Varna and Varna.

Ruth disappointments:
Not getting longer in Varna with the crew at the Flag Hostel.

Steve disappointments:
That the bungy cord didn't break when I jumped off the bridge

General:
Beer was the preferred drink of locals - 40 something women in trendy cafes still drank beer. The post office was too confusing to use - It looked like a disheveled office from the 70s.
Safety standards were non existent, I nearly fell down several open manholes in the main city street in Sofia and there were builders doing some pretty dodgey things. Pedestrians have right of way - you can walk out in front of cars even on major busy roads (within reason, obviously you need to give the car time to stop).

Ruth

No comments: