Sunday June 14
Steve’s uncle drove us to Birmingham Airport where we flew to Barcelona. Our week of partying had arrived. We booked a hostel for that night but we didn’t get in until 11.30pm and there were no showers or kitchen/common room/net after 11pm which was a bit of a bummer. After a thrown together meal of tinned tuna, corn and olives we crashed out.
Monday June 15
Shelley, Luke, Rosie, Shane and Pia met us at the main bus station where we got the bus out to Lorrett De Mar. Last year we had bought tickets to Hardcore Til I Die in the Sun which is a week long party with hotel and 2 meals a day included in the ticket. We got to stay in a 4 star hotel as we’d paid for an upgrade from dorms for 12 pounds a night. We checked into the hotel and dumped all our gear before heading out in search of food. Later we had dinner at the hotel before heading out to the first night of the party. Hixxy and Brisk were playing who we were all excited about seeing. We didn’t have too much of a big night as we had to pace ourselves to last all week.
Tuesday June 16
Out and about during the way we found a club that offered free drinks all night when you paid 8 Euros for girls and 10 for boys entry. We bought tickets to that as a beer at the HTID venue (in a small post mix cup, think maccas style) was 4.50 Euro ($9 Au).
At 5pm Steve, Shelley, Luke, Rosie and I headed to the first of the foam parties. The first hour they didn’t turn the foam on but at the start of the 2nd hour they pumped heaps of foam from a massive foam cannon into the crowd. All of the lighting gear etc was bagged up. It was so much fun, we were up the back where we had room to move and the foam was thicker. Cally Gage and Hixxy played the 2 sets that made up the foam party.
Then we headed to the club with the free drinks that we’d bought tickets to. After drinks I decided not to go out and went back to the hotel and crashed. Steve stayed on with Shane and Pia (who didn’t make it to the foam party but met us out later) until close though and saw Squad-E, Al Storm, Ramos, Seduction and Dougal.
Wednesday June 17
Everyone got up and went to the water park – I didn’t feel like going so I stayed back. We had been made to think the party was running there that day but it wasn’t – it was just discounted entry that day for party goers (a measly 2 Euros cheaper).
When they got back we went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. The water goes from shallow to deep quickly and the sand is more like little pebbles and quite rough. The surf was a little rough and so good fun.
We went to a cocktail bar right on the beach that served massive cocktails. Every bar in Llorett De Mar was cranking hardcore due to the massive numbers of tourists there for HTID. The cocktails were about ½ a litre to a litre, but for an extra 5 Euros you could upgrade to 2 litres. I had an Alexandra (Brandy, Tia Maria and cream) and it was really strong. Suffice to say we got off to an early that that day :P
DJs we saw that night that were good were Gammer and Darren Styles. Steve and I left half way through Darren Styles.
Thursday June 18
We went to another bar for drinks before HTID then headed in to see Joey Riot (awesome set) then Robbie Long and Sy closing. Steve, Shelley, Luke and Rosie went home early and Shane Pia and I stayed specifically to see Sy. He was the set of the event for me so I was glad we stayed. I stayed up with Shane and Pia for a little while back at the hotel before heading to bed for the afternoon.
Friday June 19
I got up for dinner and went back to bed again. I met back up with everyone out at about 1am. Shane and Pia hadn’t surfaced yet but we ran into them later. I wanted to see Supreme and Force but the boys didn’t so I only watched them for about 20 minutes before going up to see Hixxy’s dnb set and then Kevin Energy in the side rooms. We went outside after that and at about 3.30-4 Steve went inside and left me outside, and they stopped letting people back in to the venue, so I sat outside by myself for 2 hours until it closed and they came looking for me. They came out and left without me also, they assumed I had gone home. Apparently Dougal and Breeze closing were awesome. So my night was pretty shitty all in all but everyone else had a good time.
Saturday June 20
Went to the beach again today. Water was calm and no so fun and also lots of floating rubbish. So we didn’t swim for long. Rosie, Shelley and I went back to the cocktail bar for 2 litre cocktails before heading back to the hotel. Someone reminded us about the other foam party which we’d forgotten about, so we headed down there about 6.15 and the foam was already going by then. It was just the 3 of us still as everyone else was asleep. Rosie left early so it was just Shelley and I but we had a ball.
We then went back and had dinner and got Steve and Luke and headed in to the free drinks deal again. We headed in to HTID to watch Gammers old skool set, then went back to the free drinks again. We went back to HTID main room for Joey Riot, Druid (95 anthems – and I re-lived my early rave days) and Sy closing again. Steve, Luke, Shelley, Rosie and I were all there until close, Shane and Pia never made it out.
Sunday June 21
Our final night of party had arrived. The lineup for the last night was huge. Shane and Pia had an early flight so they didn’t come out again and everyone else was too stuffed from the Saturday night to last very long. There was no way I was missing Tommy Knocker though, so I stayed by myself for him, Gammer, Slipmatt (old skool) and the start of Hixxy’s close. Slipmatt was awesome and was Tommy Knocker. My favourite sets for the party were Gammer on the Wednesday, Druid (95 anthems), Slipmatt (old skool), Sy on the Thursday closing and Tommy Knocker.
Monday June 22
No comments:
Post a Comment